The use of certain cookies requires your consent. We do this by means of a so-called cookie banner.
3. Types of cookies and their purposes
We use the following types of cookies:
– Functional cookies: they allow the website to function better and are more user-friendly for visitors. For example: we store your login details or what you put in your shopping basket.
– Anonymous analytical cookies: these ensure that an anonymous cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies know whether you have visited the site before or not. Only on the first visit, a cookie is generated; on subsequent visits, the already existing cookie is used. This cookie only serves statistical purposes. This allows the following data to be collected:
- the number of unique visitors
- how often users visit the site
- which pages users view
- how long users view a particular page
- at which page visitors leave the site
– Analytical cookies: these ensure that a cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies know whether you have visited the site before or not. Only on the first visit, a cookie is generated; on subsequent visits, the already existing cookie is used. This cookie only serves statistical purposes. Thus, it allows the following data to be collected, such as:
- which pages you have viewed
- how long you stayed on a particular page
- at which page you left the site
– Proprietary tracking cookies: these allow us to know that you have visited the relevant website(s) in our network in addition to our website. The resulting profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address and the like, but only serves to tailor advertisements to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible. We ask your permission for these cookies. Without your permission, these cookies will not be placed.
– Tracking cookies from others: These track the pages you visit on the internet in order to build up your personal profile. This profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address, etc. as known to us, but only serves to match advertisements to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible. We ask your permission for these cookies. Without your consent, these cookies will not be placed.
– Social media related cookies: these register which articles and pages you share via their social media sharing buttons. They may also contain tracking cookies that follow your surfing behaviour on the web.
– Site improvement cookies: these allow us to test different versions of a web page to see which page is visited best.
4. Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to access, rectify, restrict and delete personal data. You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to data portability. You can exercise these rights by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To prevent misuse, we may ask you to provide adequate identification.
When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, we ask you to send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find this in the settings of your browser.
5. Blocking and deleting cookies
You can easily block and delete cookies yourself at any time via your internet browser. You can also set your internet browser to notify you when a cookie is placed. You can also indicate that certain cookies may not be placed. Check the help function of your browser for this option. If you delete cookies in your browser, this may affect the enjoyment of this website.
Some tracking cookies are placed by third parties who, among other things, display advertisements to you via our website. You can delete these cookies centrally via youronlinechoices.com
Please be aware that if you do not want cookies, we can no longer guarantee that our Website works completely properly. Some functions of the site may be lost or you may not be able to visit the website at all. In addition, refusing cookies does not mean that you will no longer see any advertisements at all. It is just that the ads will no longer be tailored to your interests and may therefore be repeated more often.
How to adjust the settings varies from one browser to another. Consult the help function of your browser if necessary, or click on one of the links below to go directly to your browser manual.
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-verwijderen-gegevens- wissen-websites-opgeslagen
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=nl
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/kb/278835
- Safari op Mac: https://support.apple.com/nl-be/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
6. New developments and unforeseen cookies
7. Concluding remarks
We will need to update these statements from time to time, for example when we update our website or change the rules around cookies.
You can consult this webpage for the latest version. If you have any questions and/or comments, please contact email@example.com.